Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Orchid's

My Grand mother had lots orchid plant, she loved them. I was lucky to be given some by her a few years ago. Every time they flower I am reminded of her and how much she meant to me. I was taught how to do lots of crafts by her . She loved spinning her own yarn, experimented with dyeing using strange things like onion skins and moss. I was taught how to crochet by her at the age of 3 or 4 and then to knit when I was 8. I cant remember learning to spin but or my 40th birthday everyone chipped in and got me an Ashford wheel, for me 50th next year I would like a majacraft Aura. I will cut an orchid spike and send it down to grandpa next week for his 98th birthday.




No comments:

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...