Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lace Cardigan

 I found this cardigan pattern in a Knitter's magazine. I loved it but was not able to get the right wool for it here in Australia. I looked on the net for something and found Morrison's and son's . It is a lace weight but I started knitting and soon realized that I was making a small cardigan. So then I did what I should have done at the start , I looked up the yarn  used in the pattern. I found it was closer to a 4ply or sock yarn than lace yarn used for shawls. So I pulled undone all the knitting I had completed and doubled it, this has worked to make it measure the same as the pattern gives. i am very happy so far with the effect. Love to know what you all think.



No comments:

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...