Friday, April 8, 2011

Baby Football Guernsey

I had said I was not knitting to order again but January a friend at quilting asked If I could knit a jumper for her soon to be born Grand child. Well I forgot all about it. I had said to her that you can buy great stuff for baby's. (Hint , Hint)

Yesterday she arrived at Quilting with the yarn to knit the jumper. Well it turns out she wanted a football guernsey for one of our state football clubs. The baby is already a member of the club and she wanted a jumper that the bub could wear to the matches. I am not really into football so had to look up how the colours went on the front and what is used for the back and sleeves. Luckily she had included  a baby wonder suit in the port power. I looked in my books but all my baby jumpers were made form baby yarn not 8ply, I searched and found a great pattern on Ravelry  for a jumper knitted in the round to the under arm. so far its working fine but I have not started the V strip yet, that is going to be fun!


No comments:

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...