Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quilt

Starry Night Quilt
I stated this quilt last year and then got bored with it and put it in the maybe finish cupboard. Well I needed something to do at quilting that was hand work so I fished it out. I had to even up the sides and now I can work on one edge and make it long enough to us as a bed quilt . I am using the English paper piecing  method. I am now happy with how its turning out. I may put it into the quilt exhibition or guild is having in  June. I am the president of the Port Augusta  guild and I should put at least one quilt in. My quilts are not as good at quilting as some of the ladies are but I try.

1 comment:

Adele Michelsen said...

I have a project like this one. It's an English paper pieced quilt, but mine is the Grandmother's Flower Garden with the 3/4" hexagons. I cal it my "Insanity Quilt". It already has almost 3,000 pieces put together and another 3,000 to go. I'm almost ready to pick it up again.

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...